The Bell & Gossett Coalescing Removal Separator (CRS ) is a combination air and sediment separator for use in any HVAC system. Its internal coalescing medium helps break the fluid surface tension, allowing entrained air and suspended sediment to come out of solution so they can be easily removed. These contaminants can lead to diminished heat transfer, higher energy costs, damage to your system components, and increased system noise. By removing them you can lower the cost to operate your system, extend the life of your components, and provide better comfort to your building occupants.
All CRS models are designed, constructed, inspected, and stamped per Section VIII, Division 1 of the ASME code for 125 psi (862 kPa) maximum working pressure and 450°F (232°C) maximum working temperature. Higher pressures and temperatures are available upon request. Models are available in sizes 2″ through 36″ and are available with NPT (2″ – 4″ only), flange, or groove end connections. CRS models are available in both standard and high velocity, and with a choice of removable or non-removable coalescing medium.
Features and Benefits
Removes Entrained Air and Suspended Sediment
- To protect the system against damage
- To provide better heat transfer
- To reduce energy costs
- To eliminate system noise
Internal Coalescing Medium
- Breaks fluid surface tension
- Allows for easier removal of entrained air and suspended sediment
Models from 2″ – 36″
- NPT (2″ – 4″), flange, or groove connections available
- Standard or high velocity
- With or without removable coalescing medium
Designed, constructed, inspected, and stamped per Section VIII, Division 1 of the ASME Code
- Standard models rated for 125 psi (862 kPa) working pressure.
- Higher pressures available upon request