Series CM units consist of a cast iron receiver, one or two pumps, automatic make-up valve, and overflow connection. Series CSM units include low inlet lightweight steel receivers, pumps, make-up valve and overflow connection. The pumps are controlled by a dedicated pump control on the boiler (available as optional) responding to water level change in the boiler. This maintains optimum steaming level for maximum performance and safety.
The make-up valve is a float-switch-operated solenoid valve, with cushioned closing and epoxy resin encapsulated coil. Tempering the added cold water with the hot condensate in the receiver minimizes the danger of thermal shock to the boiler.
The receiver is pre-selected for 5 minute net storage based on the system return rate; this is normally ample for small systems up to 650 BHP.
Features and Benefits
- Maximum discharge pressure is 90 psi (621 kPa) with Centriflo® pumps.
- Maximum seal temperature is 250°F (121°C)
- Maximum pump temperature is *200°F
- (93°C) with Centriflo® pumps
- Specific duty points can be rated up to 209°F
- (98°C) require only 2’NPSH. Contact your
- local ITT HVAC Representative for more details.
- CSM units with B-35 pumps can be rated for
- 210°F (99°C)