Designed for high head residential sewage applications where a gravity system is not practical. Ideal for pressure sewage systems.
Features and Benefits
- Design: Capable of grinding domestic sewage in individual residential applications.
- Cutter System: Anti-roping design. Two blade rotary cutter is threaded to shaft. Stationary cutter ring is reversible for extended service.
- Impeller: Silicon bronze, semi-open, non-overloading two-vane design with pump-out vanes for mechanical seal protection. Balanced for smooth operation.
- Casing: Cast iron, volute type for high efficiency. Adaptable for slide rail system.
- Motor: Fully submerged in oil-filled chamber. High grade turbine oil surrounds motor for more efficient heat dissipation, permanent lubrication of bearings and mechanical seal, and protection against outside environment.
- Motor Shaft: 300 series stainless steel, short over-hang for minimum shaft deflection.
- Designed for Continuous Operation: Pump ratings are within the motor manufacturer’s recommended working limits, can be operated continuously without damage when fully submerged.
- Bearings: Upper and lower ball bearings for precision positioning of parts and to carry all radial loads and thrust loads.
- Mechanical Seal: Hardfaced Silicon carbide for longer life, stainless steel metal parts, BUNA-N elastomers.
- Power Cable: Severe duty rated, oil and water resistant. Epoxy seal on motor end provides secondary moisture barrier in case of outer jacket damage and to prevent oil wicking.
- O-Ring: Assures positive sealing against contaminants and oil leakage.
- Paint: Electro-coat paint process protects all casting surfaces.
- May be used with optional 11/4″ stainless steel guide rail, Model A10-12. Ordered separately.