The High Temp Sump Pump is designed for extreme operating conditions and is instrumental where liquids are too hot for conventionally built submersible pumps. This would include moving wastewater coming from high temperature processes like boiler blow down or hot water rinses in the commercial plumbing market and applications requiring handling liquids up to 200ºF.
The High Temp Sump Pump is built to pump corrosive or non-corrosive, clear or solid laden liquids and offers the only silicon carbide mechanical seal faces and all cast iron construction in the market. Designed for extended life under extreme operating conditions, the High Temp Sump Pump is able to handle the hottest of jobs with the greatest of ease.
The ability to work in extreme conditions is enhanced by the single-phase 1/3 HP pump motor. The motor has class B insulation and is rated for continuous operation when fully submerged. The motor uses high-grade turbine oil for lubrication and efficient heat transfer. Additional specifications for the pump include:
- Solids handling capabilities ¾” maximum
- Capacities: up to 70 GPM
- Total heads: up to 27 feet TDH
- Built-in overload with automatic reset
- Water resistant power cords, rated for high temperature
- Models have NEMA style three prong grounding plugs
Features and Benefits
- Impeller: Cast iron, semi-open, non-clog with pump-out vanes for mechanical seal protection.
- Casing: Cast iron volute type for maximum efficiency. 2″ NPT discharge and optional 1 ½” NPT discharge.
- Shaft: Corrosion-resistant, stainless steel. Threaded design. Locknut on all models to guard against component damage on accidental reverse rotation
- Fasteners: 300 series stainless steel
- Capable of running dry without damage to components